Pay: $50,000 and we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
The Finance & Accounting Associate keeps accurate financial records, collects, analyzes and presents data, prepares reports, and compiles statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes. This role will work closely with the Director of Finance to continually monitor performance and compliance.
- Core Finance team: Director of Finance
- Administration: HR, Marketing, Transition Academy & Global Leadership Institute employees work behind the scenes to promote First Place and provide support to all staff.
Who You Are
You are a professional who enjoys dynamic environments. You have at least one year experience and have a sound knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles. You are flexible, organized, proactive, resourceful and efficient. You are collaborative and can build relationships, while remaining open to feedback and supervisory direction. You are comfortable working in NetSuite and learning new platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain detailed records for all accounts in the general ledger, including accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, loans and leases, as well as activity related to restricted and unrestricted contributions, including in-kind donations.
- Prepares financial reports for board meetings, annual independent audit and annual tax filings.
- Analyzes past results and performs variance analysis.
- Routinely monitors and analyzes specific data and regularly (as frequent as weekly) provides reports to executive management.
- Develops effective tools to measure and examine financial and/or contract performance that include reliable methods of data extraction, data validation and evaluation against benchmarks; trend analyses; and effective graphic data presentations.
- Administers and supports management reporting by maintaining databases as appropriate.
- Examines and analyzes additional related data as necessary to explain variances, identify trends and call attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to improve performance.
- Assists in identifying and proposing resolution of operational and/or compliance issues.
- Performs financial forecasting.
- Analyzes financial data and creates financial models.
- Performs effectively as a front-line team member with the support of senior leadership and promotes positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure responsiveness and trust.
- Collaborates, coordinates work activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and works to resolve problems related to clinical billing and analysis.
- Protects confidentiality of data and performance information by observing professional best practices and complying with HIPAA and internal privacy policies.
- Provide administrative support for strategic initiatives and projects, with professionalism, attention to detail, tact and sound judgment.
- Gather information and draft presentations, documents, communications and other materials as directed.
- Compose correspondence on a variety of topics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of FP&A.
- Assist Community Life and Wellness Director with community life events as applicable.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- One year of bookkeeping experience required
- NetSuite experience preferred
- AppFolio or similar property revenue management experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Commitment to high-quality job performance
- Ability to exhibit support and respect of an individual’s right to self-determination and independence within the neuro-diverse population of First Place
- Integrity, kindness and excellence in work and interactions
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software/programs, including but not limited to Microsoft, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks and responsibilities appropriately
- Qualities of being dependable, adaptable and punctual
- Ability to self-direct tasks/activities, multi-task and problem-solve independently and collectively
- Ability to sit for extended periods while using a computer or speaking on the telephone
What to Expect
The position takes place in both internal and external environments. Exposure to varying temperatures and weather elements can apply. The noise level ranges from quiet to moderate. This is a safety sensitive position.
The position may require the following physical demands:
- Ascending/descending stairs
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing. or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Lifting objects up to 25-50 lbs.
Submit your resume to Sarah Marchese, Human Resources Manager.
Please do NOT call the organization. Once you have submitted your resume, we will review and contact candidates.